Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 1

Hello everyone! I'm Carrie Willis and I am from Brandon, MS. I will be a senior at Delta State University in the fall. I attend Shiloh UMC and "J" was my youth minister in high school and he invited me to come on the trip. I am very grateful to be here and I am so excited for what God has in store for us.
As Laura already told you we led a church service today for the kids. I got to talk to the girls about what it means to be a beautiful daughter of God. This lesson has been a hard one for me to learn and I know that it can't be any easier for them. I talked about the stereotype of "beauty" that the media presents to us and how ridiculous this standard is. Since we are children of God we don't have to live up to this standard because we know that we are his creation and we are beautiful just because he made us. We each got a girl and prayed over her individually. It was really beautiful. I prayed for and got to know an incredibly sweet girl name Rosita, which was very special.
Thank you for all the prayers that you are sending our way. The children here are so special and you can see Jesus in every one of their faces. Keep praying for the rest of the week. Hopefully we can show love to these kids in some fraction of the amount that they have shown to us.

-Carrie Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment